- Abstracts may be submitted for Free Paper (Oral or Poster), Workshop, Symposia presentations.
- Authors are asked to give their preference; however, the decision of which abstracts to select for oral presentation will lie with the Scientific Committee.
- Abstracts must be submitted via the Conference website only. To submit abstracts, please register yourself for the Conference by clicking on "REGISTRATION" tab in the menu at the top. The submission link would be available once you log-in after registration.Only abstracts submitted via online submission platform will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. Abstracts submitted by fax, post or e-mail will not be accepted
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- Please note that there are no limits on the number of abstracts, which can be submitted, however, each individual will be selected to present a maximum of two presentations (either Oral or Poster presentation).
- The Conference Scientific Committee [in conjunction with Vice President and Secretary, WAPR (IC)] will determine whether abstracts will be accepted. They will endeavour to schedule abstracts according to authors' preferences but reserve the right to decide on the final form of presentation.
- A confirmation email will be automatically sent to you when your abstract has been submitted online and received by the Organizers.
- Please refer to your abstract by number, title and presenting author in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please contact the Secretariat if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been received.
- Abstracts are to be submitted in English only.
- Abstracts must be original and must not have been published or presented at any other prior meeting or conference. If, however, the abstract to be presented is on a topic you have used before, but now have developed a new poster or presentation with a varied viewpoint (or focused on a different aspect of the research) then it is permissible to submit the abstract.
Registration: Presenting authors must be registered participants. Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by the Final Registration Deadline (30 April 2019) will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication in the Abstract booklet.
Conflicts of Interest / Disclosure: Work submitted for presentation must include an acknowledgment of funding sources of commercial nature and/or consulting or holding of significant equity in a company that could be affected by the results of the study.
- Abstracts may not be edited/updated after final submission.
- Your abstract is not successfully submitted until you receive a confirmation e-mail after clicking the final submit button. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitting Your Abstract (Free Paper/Poster)
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
1. Presenting author's contact details:
Full postal address
2. Author and co-authors' details -
Full first and family name(s)
Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant)
3. Abstract title - limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
4. Abstract text – limited to 250 words (count does not include title or authors).
5. Data-based abstracts must provide Results. Any abstract which is submitted without Results and appropriately worded Conclusions will NOT BE ACCEPTED. No Discussion will be entertained on this matter.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
- Use generic names of drugs.
- Express numbers as numerals.
- The abstract must not contain bibliographical references, tables, diagrams or appendices.
- Abstracts must be presented in headed paragraphs as follows:
- a. The title of the abstract must be strictly coherent with the data included in the abstract and the conclusions must be in line with information included in the results section.
- b. Research abstracts must contain: Background, Hypothesis/ Aims and Objectives, Methods, Results, and Conclusions.
- c. Case Reports/Series: Short descriptive title, short introduction to explain the relevance of the case, case description sequenced in order, and Clinical Implications/Relevance.
- d. Any Other Topics: Background, Methods, Implications/Conclusions
Abstracts must be allocated to a specific category and topic area for the Scientific Program. You will need to select the category and topic most suited to your abstract. You can find the list of abstract topics under THEMES FOR PRESENTATIONS.
Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline of 30 April 2019 (Free Papers) and 15 April 2019 (Workshops/Symposia) to ensure they are sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.